Monday, December 8, 2008

The line in that song...

I have this one song I've been writing for about six years. I have about three records full of stuff in the works, but it's all been stalled out for at least the past year, much of it longer than that. Anyway, this one song has this line, the only one I know is right: "I've wasted all my second chances." Hard to build a whole song around one line when the line is not something like, say, "I know a secret down at Uncle Tom's cabin," but that's the line.

So, going in tonight to find out if my new baby is going to be birthed tomorrow morning, or surgically extracted. Wish us luck. Scared and excited and happy and worried. Just a symphonic warm-up of emotions, really.

PS. Any relationship you may find between the first and second paragraphs of this post is purely coincidental.

1 comment:

DGH said...

love ya and praying for yall! Bless ya brother!

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
-- John Lennon